Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 19 - Dallas Arboretum with Chihuly

While my co-workers are apparently counting down the days to my return (cause I'm so cool)... I'm still counting up and having a bad ass time! Today I went to the Dallas Arboretum where the Chihuly Exhibit is currently housed. I would love to see this exhibit at night, but have been unable to get any tickets :(

It was a bright sunny day... so I tried to get the best angle I could... while dealing with people and kids etc... Also, if you enjoy this page, you may want to check out Day 14 Fort Worth Botanical Gardens too!

First up, Chihuly Glass pieces:






















  

Next up, "The Usual" for a sculpted establishment like this...


































Look how stunning the color of the trail gardens are...

And they have container trails too

Amazing walkway...


The biggest lilly pad you ever done saw...







No, I did not make it this color... it took my breath away:


They have this little Texas Town replication... it's pretty cool.














Education info in the mini town:






Last up were some representations of artists work...










Picasso was craziest...




Some Random Art:






So, that about sums it up... and my feet were aching when I finished the 57 acres. It was pretty hot today too. I live close enough to walk there, but the walk home was really hot and seemed extra long. $15 entry, this place is exceptionally manicured... when I compare it to the day at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens... I much prefer Fort Worth. Why? 1) its free 2) its over 100 acres and 3) while its not as professionally manicured as this place... I kinda like that random, less overdone feel of nature. 4) Japanese Gardens 5) lots more shade... 

But, I wanted to go, wanted to compare... check that box! I hope you enjoyed these photos... if you did, feel free to leave a comment! Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. Man...I really need to go and see the glass sculptures.

    ReplyDelete