Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 6 - Tired Ride and Spicy Hair

35 more miles down today... it was a hard day on the bike and I felt like I was dragging myself along. I put in 9 miles and stopped for "fuel" at my favorite little place. Greenspot is a gas station for hippies... seriously, I love this place. Not the breakfast of champions... but it seems to work for me.



I had a pretty slow ride today and tried to enjoy the scenery... which can be pretty nice.


I took the north section of trail today and almost got run down by construction trucks... they are re-doing the section between the lake and the north trail (including a major road there) and it's been a mess for a while. But today, one of the idiots puts his truck in the ONLY spot we can slip through... yes, I yelled at him. Dumb ass... here's a cool map of the trail from one of the little rest points.



You can see I was at Point 3 there when I took this and I started just south of that Lake (10). I think this photo makes it all look bigger then it is. The trail is only about 7 miles north one way and the lake is under 10 to bike around the outside. But, if you bike around the lake a couple times and up and down the trail you get a pretty good ride!

So... a post ride shower was seriously in order and I had an appointment to get my hair done. It was WAY overdue... and because I still have more then two weeks before returning to work, I opted for extra spicy:




I'm loving it... but it tapped my purse out, so I quick trip to whole foods for some mandatory items (seriously, toilet paper rationing is NOT cool)... I headed home... damn it's hot. Now I'm down some cash... tomorrow has to be a cheap day.... ouch. Don't hate!

No comments:

Post a Comment