Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 3 - Shopping For Charity

Slept in until 7:40 this morning... that's late for a normal Monday. Pushed my ride back a bit but didn't hurt anything. I improved my avg mileage by 2 mph today! That's pretty good for me, and I think it was because I listened to music. I don't usually do that, but today I did. We will test this theory again I'm sure. The Goal is 500 for the 24 days, so far we have 69 miles... hmmm... 431 to go in 21 days...
    


I actually hate shopping but have found that my clothing selection at home is pretty sad. Either my clothes are to this or that or don't fit... But... nothing drives me battier then trying on clothes or spending $$ on clothes! So, I went to Genesis Benefit thrift store today and spent some serious time trying crap on. Pink tags were half off today (from $8 to $4)... damn! When all was said and done I made a dent!


So, for $73 I got the bedspread (probably over $200 originally with two linen lined pillow shams), 4 tops, 2 shorts and 1 dress... FOR 73 smackaroos... THATS shopping!


Nice stuff from eddie bauer and converse... tommy bahamas and banana republic, Oh yeah and some H&M. 

Whew... that was a hard ass day! So... I needed a break!


On to my local fav: Scardellos... a really awesome artisan deli that I frequent like every few weeks. Today I was in the mood for some harder cheeses with flavors to match the clown shoes. A girl's got to have standards... I finished up with some chocolates and took a bottle of dry champagne to go. 

Humid around town right now with some rain depending on what part of town. Tomorrow I need to see if I can get a hair appt for after my ride! OMG, I'm tattered! I'll be watching the weather to check out some cool places around DFW soon. Plans for Glen Rose and Granbury. I'm also planning a 100k ride on the 14th for The Peach Pedal

No comments:

Post a Comment