Saturday, March 16, 2013

Finally...

Well here I am in March with 3 straight days off and all I can think about is riding my bike. I'm guessing that is a great thing. It means I haven't lost interest and that is important to me. Friday I put in some time:

It was a rough hour and 15 with the damn winds over 24 MPH and gusts around 30. Almost got blown the hell over a couple of times. But, as I watched those other guys fly by me with the wind at their back (bitches) I thought... I'm training harder! Grabbed this shot when I stopped for some water.
This was the most shade I could find and get a break from the raging wind. As soon as you leave this point on the lake your cheeks are wobbling from the wind in your face again. I must have pushed myself sufficiently, cause I started to notice some cramping... pickle juice to the rescue!

Stopped at the local bike store and picked some up. I realized on this ride that I was nowhere near hydrated enough or ready for the ride... but, I did it anyway and damn sure enjoyed it. I took today (Saturday) for home stuff... mulching, leafing, watering, etc. Hard labor in the sun and wind and didn't miss the ride since the damn gusts were 34 MPH today. Tomorrow I'll put in two hours and still have mulching to finish and watering to do. That should burn some calories. I started juicing today... be sure to check out the OMG I'm Juicing Blog.... I'll probably lose my mind as well as weight!



No comments:

Post a Comment