Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 23 - D-1... Preparing for the Return

So, tomorrow is the big day... back to work! I've used my last day to finish up a ton of things I wanted to get done before going back to work. I was up at 7am to use my new toy on the lawn. The lawn was very thick and long... from procrastination and trying to keep the soils moist in 106 temps. So, 2.5 hours later... my lawn is pristine, I edged and used the hedge clippers... all electric items. Back to being the envy of the neighborhood again!
Like a beacon of environmental glory... the light shines down... 

Look at that grass... it was high and thick!
Inside the house I had to finish up Operation Organize... started many days ago and not finished. Today, its done and ready for use as a brightly lit, inviting office:
All the clutter is gone... 

Plants make everything better!


I have a dining table... its been covered with dust, plants and who knows what for months and months. Today... it got cleaned and cleared for good!

That bedskirt you doubted I could replace by myself... done!

House has been vacuumed, bed made with the new sheets, laundry done...I marinated a bunch of chicken breasts and two pork chops in a basil, EVOO, lemon juice marinade. Then I pushed out a healthy serving of spicy basil pesto... after all, the little processor was already dirty.

Chops were tasty, but overnight marinade is probably better. The man came by and we made some chops, and potatoes with some peppers for dinner. We even got to use the freshly cleaned dinner table! WOW... how civilized.

Tomorrow I'll post a video about the vacation, what I learned and how it feels to be back at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment